What is elos Plus acne treatment?
elos Plus acne treatment reduces and cures active acne. Elos-based acne treatment uses a broad light spectrum of 400-980 nm and bi-polar radio wave energy to affect the sebaceous glands in the skin. Blue, short-wavelength light affects the P.Acne population in the sebaceous glands. P. Acnes bacteria produce porphyrins, which are the target of light therapy. Light generates free radicals in the bacterial cell membrane, which have a destructive effect on the bacteria and thus calm the inflammation in the sebaceous gland. The red and infrared light spectra, together with the energy of the radio wave, have a drying effect on the sebaceous glands, which inhibits excessive sebum secretion. The radio wave helps to heal acne scars. Elos Plus treatments have been clinically proven to reduce areas of acne proliferation and speed recovery time.
The elos Plus acne treatment procedure is preceded by a consultation with a laser specialist, the skin type is determined, the skin’s reaction to the energy impulse is tested and possible contraindications are identified.
What problems does it solve?
- Regulates sebaceous gland activity
- Reduces the production of excess fat in the sebaceous glands
- Limits the area where bacteria that cause acne grow
- Reduces the bacterial population in the skin
- Soothes inflammation
- Accelerates skin healing and recovery
The advantages of elos Plus acne treatment:
- The procedure is safe
- The procedure is quite comfortable and does not cause pain
- The procedure not only relieves you of pimples, but also helps to reduce mail scars
How many procedures do you have to go through to get the result?
- For best results, you should have 2 acne treatments a week for 5-6 weeks. Next, prophylactic procedures should be performed twice a month, then once a month, and finally the interval of procedures should be increased according to the rate of acne healing.
- The duration of the procedure is 15 – 45 min
What should you know before going to the procedure?
- Sunbathing and the use of self-tanning creams should be avoided for 2 weeks before the procedure
- The procedures are not recommended for pregnant and lactating women, people with severe diabetes, acute eczema and dermatitis
- The use of photosensitising drugs and foods should be avoided
- If you have removed your hair with wax or electrolysis, it is recommended to wait 4 weeks before starting photoepilation (necessary to ensure the presence of new hair follicles)
- 1-2 days before photoepilation, the hair on the treated area should be shaved with a razor blade
- The treated skin must not have permanent make-up and tattoos
- If chemical facial peeling or surgical procedures have been performed, it should be 3 months before starting photo rejuvenation or skin tightening
- The procedure should come with clean skin, without the use of creams, perfumes or make-up
Our specialists are the first in Estonia to have the certificates issued by Syneron Candela and have passed the official representative of the manufacturer DINASTIJA ltd. elos Plus appliance training.